Saturday, October 8, 2011

If I Tell - Jennifer R. Hubbard

Jennifer R. Hubbard http://www.jenniferhubbard.com/ is the author of contemporary YA novels The Secret Year, which is about a secret relationship and a sudden death, and the upcoming Try Not to Breathe (Viking, 2012).

Are you good at keeping secrets? Why or why not?

I think I'm good at keeping private things that should be private. To oversimplify: Privacy is about keeping confidential what is nobody else's business. A secret is something another person has the right to know, but is being kept from him or her.

Do you easily forgive friends for their mistakes? What is something you could never forgive a friend for?

Betrayal of trust is very difficult to get over. I like to think I'm a more forgiving person now than I was years ago. But there's a difference between forgiving and condoning--for example, if a relationship is abusive, there's no need for a person to continue to take abuse.

Let’s just go ahead and stereotype you for a moment, okay! What kind of a teen were you, as in what “group” did you associate with?

My friends were good in school; they tended to be in the band rather than on the football team; some of them played Dungeons & Dragons. I liked to dance and spent hours on the phone. I also worked on my writing after school, and sold my first short story while still in high school. I don't know what "category" that would make me.

Describe your fave teen outfit.

T-shirt and jeans.

If you could go back to high school knowing now what you didn’t know then, what is one thing you would change? What do you wish you could have told your teen self

"Relax: things really do get a lot better."

No comments:

Post a Comment