Monday, August 15, 2011

If I Tell FIVE - JULIET IMORTAL author Stacey Jay

 OH ROMEO! I am so in love with Stacey Jay who is a prolific and wonderful storyteller. JULIET IMMORTAL is out now and you must read this haunting retelling of Romeo and Juliet. You must!

The most tragic love story in history . . .


Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.


BIO: Stacey Jay is a recovering workaholic (or at least working hard at recovering) with two pen names, two small children, and a passion for playing pretend. Her former careers include theatre performer, professional dancer, poorly paid C-movie actress, bartender, waiter, math tutor (for real) and yoga instructor. She's the author of the Megan Berry, Zombie Settler series and JULIET IMMORTAL, out now from Delacorte Press.





Okay, Stacey! Thanks for joining me to talk about secrets and being a teen! (Stacey is a friend from THE DEBS (authors who debuted in 2099) and I ADORE her and her books.) So, Stacey, are you good at keeping secrets? Why or why not?

STACEY: Yes, I am good with secrets. I cherish the trust of the people who confide in me and would never betray them (unless forced to in order to protect their life/health). I have told that type of secret before, and I don't regret it.

I sensed you would be good with secrets. I *may* have shared one sometime in our journey! So, do you easily forgive friends for their mistakes? What is something you could never forgive a friend for?

STACEY: I forgive most mistakes easily, but I have a problem with mistakes in threes. If I'm repeatedly let down by a friend, it can be hard to reestablish trust.


Makes sense, the whole three times you're out thing. I like it. Okay, so let’s just go ahead and stereotype you for a moment, okay! What kind of a teen were you, as in what “group” did you associate with?
(cheerleader, Goth, nerd, jock , loner etc.)

STACEY: I was the captain of the pom pom squad, a National Honor Society nerd who watched Monty Python way too much, and ran with a bunch of amazing hippie/alternative people and we all experimented with controlled substances more than we should have. I didn't fit any one group. I was a person who liked to roam the lunch room and sit with all my different friends. Though, looking back, I wish I'd spent more time with my fellow "nerds." I think they would have kept me out of trouble, and they always had a lot of fun.


I think I love you a little more now. A nerdy, hippy cheerleader. I must hear about your fave teen outfit.

STACEY: Bell bottom jeans from a thrift store with a tight tank top and a flannel (it was the late 90's and grunge was good). I also liked really short kilts with my Doc Marten boots.

Oh my Gosh!  I want grunge to come back in style. I loved it so  hard. Oh fashion world- please bring back the grunge. P.S. I would totally wear kilts with Doc Marten boots if my son and my husband wouldn't have me committed or refuse to be seen with me. Ever. But enough about me.  If you could go back to high school knowing now what you didn’t know then, what is one thing you would change? What do you wish you could have told your teen self.

STACEY: I would spend more time with my friends and less with boys. Fun boys are easy to find, good friends are not. I miss those intense, intimate friendships so much. As a working mom and a wife, there is a LOT less time for strong girl bonds. And I wish I could tell my teen self to relax. It's only life. You're going to die. At the end the only things you'll regret are the times you could have been loving life/people and having fun and didn't.


Words of wisdom from Stacey people. Thank you so much for stopping by.
 
And don't forget to add Juliet Immortal to your reading list!

No comments:

Post a Comment